Dr Davies has 16 years experience in medico-legal work, and undertakes around 120 medico-legal reports per year, with regular appointments in held in Swansea and Cardiff, as well as elsewhere on request. He has completed Expert Witness Training courses in Advanced Report Writing and Courtroom Skills. Dr Davies has a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychiatry and is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Current Instruction Ratio is 80:10:10 Claimant: Defendant: Joint.
Areas of Expertise
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders including Panic Disorder
- Psychiatric Aspects of Traumatic Brain Injury / Head Injury
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (Somatisation, Factitious Disorder, etc)
- Psychiatric Aspects of Pain / Pain Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Concerns about Appearance
- Other Psychiatric issues relating to Physical Illness and Trauma
- Work related Psychiatric injuries and workplace bullying
- Psychiatric problems among health service staff
- Clinical experience in General Hospital work highly relevant to Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence claims.
- Appointments usually available within 6 weeks.
- Standard payment terms 3 months
- Express 2 week turnaround instruction-to-report service on request at a surcharge.
- Trained in Report Writing, Civil Procedure Rules and Courtroom Skills.
- Preliminary discussion with solicitors without charge
- Provisional appointments can be held for 7 days pending written instructions
Summary - for Solicitors
- Usual time to appointment - 4-6 weeks
- Appointment to report - 2-3 weeks
- Fees: £200/hour + VAT South Wales
- (£240/hr + VAT Bristol & London)
- Fixed quotations available
- Payment Terms: 3 months
- Personal Injury: YES
- Clinical Negligence work: YES
- Age range : Age 18 and over